It hasn't any effect ,Why ?

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I have configured Thumbnail extender.But it doesn't work at all( It hasn't any effect !). I wonder why ?

Developer
Jan 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Did you add the web part to the library or results page you are testing with? Also note in the current release build there is no loading progress and it does take a second for the document preview to generate. So if you wait a second then hover over again it will display (this is fixed in current build on source code tab).

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Hi,AlphaAlien,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. That's it ! It's OK now.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

hello,

I install it but even if I wait few secondes, I can't see the preview.

It show me an small popup with write inside "undefined" or "red cross and the text URL preview"

thank's

Jun 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM

How wonderful if it can be used for excel and pdf file !

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hi I have got the web part installed but it seems very unreliable. Sometimes a thumbnail will display next to the result link, sometimes it won't. It also seems to only display a single thumbnail for powerpoint docs even if there are several powerpoint search results (only one displays the thumbnail). Do you have any suggestions?? Thanks, Neil

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM
like in previous post i wait few secondes, i can't see the preview. It show me an small popup with loading and nothing. i have not installed office for web apps. maybe this problem. if this problem where i must install office for web apps?
Mar 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM
i checked what happens when i hover on docx file. in the fiddler i receive result 401 authorization required. where that i type user and password?
Apr 11, 2014 at 5:18 AM
Thumbnail Extender for SharePoint
I totally agree with that. It would be wonderful to be used for Excel and PDF file.